Code of Conduct
The purpose of this policy is to establish a culture of openness, trust and to emphasize the organization's and its members expectation to be treated to fair business practices. This policy will serce to guide business behavior to ensure ethical conduct. Effective ethics is a team effort involving the participation and support of every FiBAN employees and members. All employees and members should familiarize themselves with the ethics guidelines on this page.
The following set of rules have been set by FiBAN, and it expects its members to stand for and act according to the following guidelines.
As a community member you will:
1. honor confidential information and use given information solely to evaluate the investment
2. work in a professional way and not be associated with any illegal practices
3. refrain from co-funding of doubtful origin and notify authorities of possible illegal funds
4. consider the interests of all involved parties and avoid unfair competition
5. be open, have solidarity, and share deals among members (give and take)
6. share risk and success fairly (all investors are equal), but support rewarding the lead investor
7. invest to the benefit of the startup and aim to succeed through the success of the startup
8. not join or misuse the network to get clients or sell your own services
9. acknowledge that any investments are own decisions made on own responsibility
10. consciously avoid any activities that constitute verbal or other forms of sexual harassment
11. have zero tolerance towards such activities and make any member who is seen to engage in such activities understand that it is not acceptable
12. act with the highest level of integrity towards other FiBAN members, the office, and the startup ecosystem.