FiBAN IS HIRING: A DEAL FLOW MANAGER / STARTUP FUNDING SPECIALIST
May 26, 2023
As our current Deal Flow Manager is moving on to new international challenges, we’re now seeking a new Dealflow Manager / Startup Funding Specialist to run and strategically develop the matching of the best Finnish startups with trained angel investors looking for the next success story.
The Finnish Business Angels Network is one of the largest and most active angel investor networks in Europe, and the organization has been awarded nationally and internationally. FiBAN is renewing its strategy, and now we are seeking a person who can elevate the FiBAN startup funding process and take ownership of developing the position to attract the best startups and match them with the best angel investors.
Your key tasks:
- Taking ownership of the startup deal flow process of FiBAN.
- Screening and selecting the best investment-ready startups for the next steps of the FiBAN funding process.
- Leading FiBAN’s member-exclusive pitching events where the startups get to pitch to nearly 100 private investors looking for the best startups.
- Coordinating the investment process together with members and startups.
- Operating as the point of contact for startups and investors.
- Supporting the other team members in events and various tasks.
What we offer:
- A unique possibility to grow and evolve into a top professional in the Finnish startup ecosystem.
- A chance to grow your international networks with key startup industry stakeholders, such as international angel networks, VCs, corporations, and startup founders.
- Build your expertise as the matchmaker of investors and startups.
- Learning possibilities regarding funding and entrepreneurship.
- A chance to evolve in the role as well as participate in developing the organization’s strategy.
- A relaxed and flexible work environment in a great six person team.
- You have at least 2 years of work experience.
- You’re self-driven and proactive.
- You have the ability to take charge of your own projects and a visionary attitude to develop your role as well as FiBAN as an organization.
- You enjoy social encounters, meeting new people and bringing them together. You spot where there are synergies between stakeholders.
- You have a positive attitude in life and you energize others around you.
- You have great project management skills.
- You have good communication skills in English.
A big plus if you also have these:
- If you enjoy being on stage, there’s a great chance for that!
- Finnish language skills are considered a bonus.
- If you have a background in entrepreneurship or working in the startup ecosystem.
Location: Helsinki (hybrid). It is not possible to be fully remote in this position. The position is permanent and full-time.
Application Deadline: 13th of June. The position is filled as soon as the right match is found.