Recruiting: Communications Strategist
August 01, 2022
Are you a communications professional with a proven track record in executing successful external communications? Do you want to work for a fast-developing investing ecosystem in a dynamic, startup-like environment?
We are hiring a Communications Strategist to join our ambitious yet relaxed team of six.
As a communications strategist, you will plan, execute, and develop the association’s strategic communications with a multi-channel approach, manage FiBAN’s media relations and support its public affairs initiatives. You will also be in charge of creating meaningful content for our various stakeholders, including the private investor network, our corporate partners, and decision-makers.
We expect you to have excellent written and verbal skills, both in English and Finnish, and the ability to write engaging stories and professional press releases in both languages. We hope you have a strong interest in themes of entrepreneurship, innovations, and private investing, as this is an asset in creating effective content.
We offer you an intriguing role in a fast-developing and dynamic startup environment, a possibility to shape the position to fit your interests and professional ambitions, and a great community to work at. We appreciate our employee’s work/life balance and hence offer flexibility.
In this position, you will get to work with Finland’s leading angel investors and business professionals. Here is an opportunity to make valuable connections and gain a look into the angel investing scene in the Nordics and Baltics. Our office is located in Maria 01, the largest startup campus in the Nordics.
- Own and proactively develop the association’s external communications channels (website, social media channels) together with the Communications Coordinator
- Manage the association’s Media Relations and support public affairs initiatives
- Deliver engaging and strategic content (news stories, copy text) across our communications channels
- Secure a consistent brand visibility
- Track and develop analytics to measure success and develop best practices
Your skills and experience
- Solid experience in multi-channel communications and proven successes in this area
- Skills in effective media relations
- Interest in stakeholder communications in the areas of lobbying and interest representation
- Excellent written and verbal skills and readiness to take the stage
- Strong project management skills
We appreciate also
- Ability to take ownership and initiative
- Strong teamwork skills and desire to work collaboratively
- A can-do attitude and problem-solving skills
Our way of working
- We promote openness, transparency, and sharing of know-how.
- We treat each other equally, friendly, and respectfully.
- We are curious and professional.
- We aim high and consistently towards our goals with visible results.
- We work dynamically, flexibly, and take initiative.
If you think it’s a match, please send your application, CV, and salary request to email@example.com by 22.8.2022 with the headline “Communications Strategist”. Interested to hear more? You can reach out to our Interim Managing Director Aija Bärlund (+358 40 6810245) on August 10th and August 16th.
Please note that this is a permanent position based in Helsinki and requires working onsite at least for a part of the week.
Finnish Business Angels Network (FiBAN) is a non-profit association of private investors on a mission to inspire private investments. The network is one of the largest and most active business angel networks in Europe with over 650 approved members. The network’s three main activities consist of Matchmaking of startups and investors, Sharing of best practices, and Representing the interest of private investors.